Quote of the Episode:
“The closer you come to knowing that you alone create the world of your experience, the more vital it becomes for you to discover just who is doing the creating.”
– Eric Micha’el Leventhal
Our theme for the month of September is self-development. We’re kicking off with a quote about the journey of self-discovery because it’s the foundation of all great achievement.
When you know who you are, what you want, and why, the road to your dreams becomes much clearer.
In This Episode:
- Hear why you must take the “hero’s journey” in order to reach your greatest heights of success
- What Jim Rohn thought was most important when pursuing your goal – it’s not what you think!
- What you can do today to make your ultimate success closer to your grasp
“We hold ourselves back in ways both big and small, by lacking self-confidence, by not raising our hands, and by pulling back when we should be leaning in.”
– Sheryl Sandberg
- Who you become is more important than what you’ve achieved. Who you are determines the heights you can reach.
- The hero’s journey is a universal part of the the human condition.
- Become the hero of your own story, and there’s no limit to what you can create.
Lean In: Women, Work, & the Will to Lead, by Sheryl Sandberg
Musings on self-discovery, success, and having it all by a (slightly) controversial Facebook exec.
Interested in Sheryl Sandberg’s book, Lean In, but too busy to read it? Check out Audible. Start a free 30-day trial today, and you can listen to the book for free.
Music Credit: Great Days by Joakim Karud