PLEASE NOTE: There is a small audio issue during playback with this episode. We’re working to resolve it. My apologies, guys! -Ilena
Quote of the Episode:
“Genius is 1 percent inspiration, and 99 percent perspiration.”
– Thomas Edison
Ideas are awesome. They inspire us and bring us joy, because they keep us hopeful. The winners of the world take their ideas, and move to the next step. They take (consistent) action.
People get stuck in the idea stage for two reasons:
- Ideas are easy. Everyone has thought of the next Great American Novel, a fantastic invention, or an award-winning film. Celebrating a great idea is a way to self-aggrandize without any sweat.
- Until you execute, ideas require no commitment. All the options that an active imaginations gives you are fun. You can fantasize about everything going your way with no resistance. Those who fear failure can easily talk themselves out of an idea because they have nothing on the line.
Today, take 5 minutes and write down every step you can think of to move toward your goal. Set a timer if you have to. Review your list, and pick out a small step you can take before the day ends to jumpstart your progress. Make things happen, and your dreams will move closer to daily.
“If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.”
– Napoleon Hill
- Winners win because they take their dreams and fashion them into a reality through sweat.
- Ideas are easy. None of them matter until you execute.
- Take 5 minutes today and draft your path to success in your goals. Then, get to work.
Music Credit: Great Days by Joakim Karud