Quote of the Episode:
“Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.”
– Winston Churchill
All of us have faced the “demon” of failure before. None of us get through life unscathed. Carl Jung called it the “dark night of the soul,” and it’s as certain as death and taxes. Whether it’s the end of a business, poor grades, or a failed marriage, we all get our chance to dance.
Like most things in life, it’s not what happens to us that matters most; it’s what we choose to do in the aftermath.
When the darkness comes calling, you have two choices:
- You can give up and accept where you are as your lot in life, or
- You can drag yourself through the muck and overcome it.
Plenty of accomplished, worthwhile people have chosen the first option, never to be heard from again. They get stuck in what appears to be real. Don’t be one of them.
Failure (or abuse, or pain, or betrayal…) doesn’t define you unless you choose to wear it. Let it go and create something greater.
“Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.”
-Dwayne Johnson (aka The Rock)
- Courage under fire is built by trial. Warriors are MADE, not born.
- There’s no requirement that you let your past determine your possibility.
- Consistency matters more than circumstance. Keep working, even when it hurts. Greatness will come.
Music Credit: Great Days by Joakim Karud