Quote of the Episode:
“Do more than is required. What is the distance between someone who achieves their goals consistently and those who spend their lives and careers merely following? The extra mile.”
– Gary Ryan Blair
For the month of August, we’re focusing on setting and achieving SMART goals. To kick off the season, and focus on reaching new levels of achievement, let’s explore an important key to lasting success – the will to go the extra mile.
If you want to live an extraordinary life, commit to extraordinary effort.
The truth is, most people spend their lives dreaming of living a different one. If you want to bring your dreams to life, go beyond the average person’s effort.
What does it mean to “go the extra mile?”
- Getting up early and working harder than most,
- Learning something about your profession every day,
- Keeping your mind and body in top condition,
- Focusing and working on your goals consistently,
- Sacrificing today to create a fantastic tomorrow.
It’s never too late to start on your path to excellence. Decide today and level up your life.
“You cannot expect to achieve new goals or move beyond your present circumstances unless you change.”
– Les Brown
- Greatness requires commitment to a higher purpose. Dedicate your effort to a grander vision.
- Consistent action brings dreams to life.
- Whatever you truly believe, and work to achieve, can be yours if you’re willing to go the extra mile.
It’s Not Over Until You Win!, by Les Brown
Need some help getting inspired to go after your goals? Les Brown is the great motivator! Check out his book about how, no matter how hard your road, you can create a great life.
Interested in Les Brown’s book, but too busy to read it? Check out Audible. Start a free 30-day trial today, and you can listen to the book for free.
Music Credit: Great Days by Joakim Karud