Quote of the Episode:
“If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.”
– Andrew Carnegie
In This Episode:
- Why creating goals that inspire you is a “must do” id you want to achieve lasting success
- Why winning the lottery actually sucks
- How to stop yourself from falling victim to “The Drift”
“By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be.Put your future in good hands – your own.”
– Mark Victor Hansen
- If you don‘t direct your life, your circumstances will direct you.
- Things that come easily go the same way.
- Committing goals to paper and pushing yourself to do the work always results in success – you become better than you were before you tried.
Outliers, by Malcolm Gladwell
Looking to get really good and something and transform your life? Check out the idea of setting a goal, and doing 10,000 hours of “deliberate practice.” You’d better get busy!
Want to get inspired with some Chicken Soul for the Soul, but too busy to read it? Check out Audible. Start a free 30-day trial today, and you can listen to a book for free.
Music Credit: Great Days by Joakim Karud